Bat Flight Locations
From the bat flight map, there are two types of Bat Flight Locations a
player can fly to. Major Locations
which are accessed by pushing the controller up or down, and,
Bat Flight Beacons
which are accessed
by pushing the controller left or right.
- Be sure to look at all Vista points as you travel through the game as you don't know which ones are bat flight markers.
- Don't necessarily fly to a Major Location as soon as you are able to. There is much to find along the path. Major Locations are almost always
better to walk to your first time visiting them, and if you would like to return there later, flying is useful.
- Malek's is the exception to the previous suggestion. You must bat fly in order to get to his Bastion, high in the mountains.
- Each of the Bat Flights to the Major Locations have an accompanying Flight Cinematic. If you like the flight sequences, be sure to check these out!
Major Locations are places such as Nupraptor's Skull Fortress, or
Malek's Bastion, which are places you must visit when playing the game.
Once visited, these locations can be returned to in bat form. The trigger
which enables the bat flights to these locations are Vista points (those
red triangles on the ground).
Here is the list of Major Locations which can be reached in bat form, and the locations of their triggers.
- Nupraptor/Vasserbund - Vista point in Vasserbund, just after the Gypsy camp.
- Malek/Coorhagen - Vista point North of Coorhagen, close to the Bat Beacon.
- Vorador - Vista point just South of the Mist Form dungeon, prior to the big lake.
- Avernus - Just South West of the Blood Fountain, outside Dark Eden.
- Willendorf - By the Bat Flight Beacon for Willendorf, on the North side of the Gypsys who are camped along the trail.
- Dark Eden - Just outside the exit from Vorador's, chop trees to get to it.
The Bat Flight Beacons are the minor locations, which don't have
flight cinematics associated with them. They can be found along your
path, often situated near locations Kain would like to return to
later, such as Spirit Forges.
- Just North East of the Light Dungeon. (West of the Pillars)
- East of Stenchencroe.
- West of the Flay Spirit Forge. (North West of Wolf Form Dungeon)
- North of Coorhagen, prior to Malek's.
- Just after exiting Malek's.
- East of Mist Form dungeon.
- West of the exit from Vorador's Mansion.
- Just outside the moonkey door to the Lightning Spell dungeon. West of the exit from Dark Eden.
- Just North of Avernus, before entering the city.
- Immediately after exiting Avernus.
- East of the Stop Time Spirit Forge. (South of Magic-3 Blood Fountain).
- North East of town (not castle!) of Willendorf. (near gypsys).
- After the underground path from Willendorf Castle, but before the Dollmaker's, after the Nemisis Guard Keep.